Saturday, September 5, 2009

9 1/2 weeks, new doctor, awesome ultra sound, GREAT DAY!

Well my appointment this week was AWESOME!! We were there forever but the nurse was amazing, so sweet and funny and the Dr. was totally goofy but we both really liked him. The u/s was the most wonderful thing! Little Petri actually looks like a baby! We saw big head (takes after mama) and tiny little arms and legs. The Dr. was so great too as he was doing the u/s because he said at this stage the baby is moving around so he just held the u/s wand in place for awhile until the baby moved!!! We were so shocked to see that, even George was like WOW! We also got to hear the hb. I forgot to ask what the rate was but he said it was a nice strong hb so I'm guessing that was a good thing. Baby also measured right on date, 9 weeks 4 days. We didn't get any still shots because the camera was broke but we did record it and they told us if we take it to Walgreen's they will put it on a disc and we can print out pics. I have another appointment next week with another Dr. at a different hospital. I would cancel all together because I liked this one so much (plus the nurse said he's really easy to talk into doing extra u/s!!) BUT this office doesn't take my secondary insurance and the other place does. Once we get the quotes from the insurance company we'll be able to better decide where we're going to go. But the good thing about that is another u/s next week! LOL!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so happy the apt was great!can't wait to see petri's first pics. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three cheers for a great appointment! And congratulations on the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you don't know me, I found your blog through babycenter.com. I also have a blog. I was so intrigued by your blog because my VERY best friend is going through the same thing you are...I acutally, for a moment, forogot it wasn't her that wrote this blog. She just had her IVF on Tuesday. She is also a 3rd grade teacher. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all works out for your friend! Thanks for checking out the blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sweetheart--this is good news. I hope you can keep this new doctor as he and his nurse sound fantastic. You may not remember that back in May I sent you a "baby ticker" which is a widget you put on your blog to count down to your baby's birth. It will also show the relative growth, too. Find it here: http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/baby-ticker

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for an awesome doc! Hope the insurance works out:) can't wait to see Little Petri pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is all so good to hear! Yay Heather! Thanks for the updates they are fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aunt Cecilia~ Forgot about the widget, it's added, so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ummmm..I didn't comment?!! Aunt Tracy is slacking!! So happy for a great doc visit and I cannot wait to see pics of sweet Petri!!!! Love you, mama :)

    ReplyDelete